|Dozent:Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gunther Heidemann|
|Veranstaltungstyp:Seminar (Offizielle Lehrveranstaltungen)|
|Beschreibung:Auditory Display is the science of displaying information via the auditory channel. While information visualization is dominating by far, auditory display is still a scarcely developed field. The ICAD (International Conference on Auditory Display) is the leading conference.
In this seminar we will have an introduction to the field, practical applications, and recent advancements. Therefore, about the first half of the talks will be based on chapters from the Sonification Handbook by Hermann, Hunt, and Neuhoff on sonification.de.
Talk 1: Chapters 1-2
Talk 2: Chapters 3-4
Talk 3: Chapters 5+7
Talk 1 is on October 26th.
For talks 4-7, you can choose from the chapters of the Sonification Handbook and send me your suggestions.
For talks 8-13, you need to select 1-2 papers from the proceedings of the ICAD icad.org and email your idea to me. It's up to you what you find most interesting!
You may find the information given in the book chapters or papers insufficient, in this case, you need to find missing information yourself and provide necessary background in your talk. Further, demonstrations and suitable videos / sound files are highly welcome to improve your presentation.
- Enroll for the seminar by September 15th at the latest. Talks will be assigned in order of registration if necessary.
- Together with enrollment, send me an email with you name, preferred day for the presentation and at least three topics you might present in the order of preference.
- I will assign the topics and days, and publish this under Ablaufplan.
- The participants will give presentations of about one hour plus 30 minutes discussion.
- One person per talk, alternatively, you can team up and two persons present two talks (on two days) together.
- We want to understand methods in reasonable detail, a mere overview is not enough.
- Slides must be sent to me at least 1 week in advance to the talk. A revision may be necessary.
|Zeiten:Di. 12:00 - 14:00 (wöchentlich)
Erster Termin:Dienstag, 07.11.2023 12:00 - 14:00, Ort: 32/218